It’s been an exciting year for the National Capital Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth.
Despite the continued economic downturn impacting the nation, the National Capital region remained a hotbed for economic growth. It also was witness to significant corporate growth activity, much of which was highlighted and recognized at our 2012 Corporate Growth Award Gala.
This year’s list of winners was a “who’s who” of the regions top companies and executives that included:
- Tenable Network Security, Inc. (Emerging Growth Company Award – Under $50M revenue)
- A-T Solutions, Inc. (Company Award ($50 – $250M revenue)
- Apex Systems, Inc. (Outstanding Growth Company Award – Over $250M revenue)
- Jorge Scientific Acquisition of Federal Concepts, LLC (Deal of the Year Award – Under $50M Transactional Value)
- Paradigm Solution Sale to CACI International Inc. (Deal of the Year Award – $50M – $100M Transactional Value)
- SRA International Inc. Sale to Providence Equity (Deal of the Year Award – Over $100M Transactional Value)
- Louise Wager, TD Bank (Dealmaker of the Year Award – Commercial Provider)
- Peter D. Schuster, SAIC (Dealmaker of the Year Award – Corporate Executive)
- Susan Gabay, Bluestone Capital Partners (Dealmaker of the Year Award – Investment Banker)
- Leslee Belluchie, FedCap Partners, LLC (Dealmaker of the Year Award – Private Equity)
ACG members and their companies also received recognition for their own individual achievements in 2012.
Transformation Systems, Inc. (TSI), an Arlington, VA based management systems engineering firm, was selected as a national recipient of the Jefferson Award for Public Service. TSI received the award in recognition of the company’s corporate social responsibility program, Feed to Lead. Dr. Marta Wilson, TSI CEO and ACG member, launched the program to help fight hunger, assist veterans, promote literacy, and advance STEM education.
And if 2012 was an exciting year for corporate growth and the chapter, 2013 should be even more electric. ACG National Capital has a wide range of educational and valuable content and events for members in 2013, including the upcoming Strategic Growth Conference, and the 2013 Corporate Growth Awards Gala.
The ACG National Capital offices will be closed from December 29-January 4 in observance of the holiday season. Before we leave, we’d like to thank the ACG National Capital membership, board and guests that have participated in ACG National Capital events and programs in 2012. We’d like to wish you all a happy, healthy and safe holiday season, filled with joy and surrounded by loved ones.
The ACG National Capital offices will reopen on January 7, 2013. Until then, we’d like to leave you with pictures from our 2012 Holiday Networking Reception, where ACG members and guests welcomed in the holidays, Capital Style: