Last Friday, the ACG National Capital membership had the opportunity to hear co-chairman and principal shareholder of Kastle Systems, LLC and owner of the Washington Kastles professional tennis team, Mark Ein, share information about his background and the keys to his success in both business and sports.
ACG member Marc Hausman, the president and CEO of Strategic Communications Group, attended the event and covered Mr. Ein’s presentation for his blog, the Strategic Guy.
In his coverage, Marc included a recap of Mr. Ein’s “10 Cs” for business success. They include:
1. Culture: the importance of a set of shared values and an investment by everyone in an organization in positive outcomes.
2. Consistency: a strict adherence to details in all activities, operations and interactions with key audiences.
3. Complimentary: each person in an organization must have a unique and defined role.
4. Communication: every day – with both external and internal audiences.
5. Cohesiveness: a critical component for a high performing team.
6. Continuous Improvement: learn from mistakes; always improve and enhance processes.
7. Competitiveness: in business and sports, organizations must have a drive to win.
8. Compassion: an emotional connection to colleagues, customers, partners, etc.
9. Community: charitable participation must be core to the culture of the organization. The Washington Kastles partner with more than 100 charities in the Washington, DC area.
10. Chance: yes…there is always a bit of luck involved in success.
A more detailed recap of the event can be found HERE.
The next ACG monthly meeting will feature former Virginia governor and current Republican U.S. Senate candidate, George Allen. Additional information and online registration for the event are available on the ACG Web site.