On May 5, 2011, the ACG National Capital Chapter announced the 2011 Corporate Growth Awards winners at a black tie event at the Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner. Over 370 of the top corporate executives and dealmakers serving the Washington metro business community were in attendance.
All award nominees had successfully increased corporate value through organic growth, M&A activity, strategic partnerships and capital funding. The winners in each category executed the most highly successful corporate growth strategies over the past year. Each category had three finalists, but only one in each category could walk away with the award.
The 2011 winners for this year’s categories were:
- Emerging Growth Company Award (Under than $50M in revenue): XL
- Outstanding Growth Company Award ($50 – $100M in revenue): Capstone Corporation
- Outstanding Growth Company Award ($100M – $500M in revenue): Sourcefire
- Outstanding Growth Company Award (Above $500M in revenue): ManTech International Corporation
- Dealmaker of the Year Award – Corporate Executive: Michael B. Fisher, SRA International, Inc.
- Dealmaker of the Year Award – Capital Provider (Debt/Equity): Leslie Grizzard Hale, Citizens Bank
- Dealmaker of the Year Award – Investment Banker: Kevin P. DeSanto, KippsDeSanto
- Deal of the Year Award (under $100M in Transactional Value): BroadSoft IPO
- Deal of the Year Award (over $100M in Transactional Value): Stanley Inc. Sale to CGI
In addition to the awards presented above, a lifetime achievement award was presented to Terry Collins, Ph.D, Chairman and CEO of ArgonST. Dr. Collins has consistently displayed his passion for helping customers and employees and giving back to the community. Under his leadership, ArgonST focused on providing outstanding services to its customers and on making a difference in the broader community. Dr. Collins emphasized the benefits of hiring talented employees and then empowering those employees to achieve excellence.
This year’s awardees are driving the deals that make this region the most vibrant and resilient regional economy in the United States. We want to take the opportunity to thank this year’s winners for the jobs they perform and congratulate them on their success.