By Katie Newland, Director, ACG National Capital
November will be a busy month for ACG National Capital. We have four events planned to help our members and local executives accomplish their strategic growth goals. Our events this month focus on many topics, including social media marketing, alternative fundraising avenues and running a company in the cyber age. Our November events include:
Tuesday, Nov. 9 – Our “Growth Equity: An Alternative Fundraising Avenue” event will include the inside scoop on the recently publicized Contact Solutions/Northbridge Growth Equity transaction. According to reports, Contact Solutions is planning on using the financing to drive growth, including targeted strategic acquisitions, and to expand a number of initiatives. This event will include a discussion regarding the key terms and considerations of the deal.
This meeting will provide participants with answers to the following questions:
- What is a “growth equity” investment?
- What profile of company would be a good fit for this type of transaction?
- Where can a company find the right partner for this type of transaction?
- Why would a company/founding team choose this route?
The following local executives will serve as panelists for this discussion:
- Eric Grossman, Cooley, LLP
- Preble Jacques, Goldman Sachs
- Paul Logan, CEO, Contact Solutions
Cooley, LLC, is sponsoring this event.
Wednesday, Nov. 17 – Corporate officers and in-house corporate M&A executives, this event is for you. “Organizing the M&A program” is part of our M&A Corporate Roundtable for Buyers and Sellers. This is an interactive meeting designed to provide support and education for those of you with M&A responsibilities. This is a great opportunity to discuss with your peers important M&A topics, including:
- How to staff, budget, and manage the middle market company M&A program
- Identifying and managing professional advisors
- Approaches to developing a strategic fit and financial model to guide the M&A program
The following local executives will serve as facilitators of this discussion:
- Peter Clyne, VP M&A Lockheed Martin (invited)
- Lucy Fitch, Former SVP, Acquisitions & Strategy, BAE Systems
- Bob Mutchler, SVP Corporate Development SERCO (invited)
- Jim Sanders, Director Strategy & M&A, Harris Corporation
- Mike Fisher, VP Corporate Development, SRA
Please note: Attendance at this event is limited to the owners and c-level executives of businesses.
Also, watch for new series on Managing M&A Programs for Buyers and Sellers in 2011. So far, we have the following events planned:
- Jan. 12 – Sourcing Opportunities
- April 13 – Evaluation and Due Diligence
- June 22 – Negotiation and Integration
Friday, Nov. 19 – Join us for our Monthly Meeting as we discuss “Corporations in the Cyber Age.” Our speaker is Lt. General (Ret.) Kenneth Minihan, Managing Director of Paladin. Minihan was the 14th Director of the National Security Agency (NSA)/Central Security Services. While at NSA, he was instrumental in the definition and implementation of the National Information Assurance Program. With Paladin, he is focused on the development and implementation of new investment opportunities for its Homeland Security Fund.
Minihan has substantial experience in raising capital, enterprise operations, business development and business readiness assurance. He devotes considerable attention to and consults on national security affairs.
This event is sponsored by TD Bank.
To register for any or all of these events, please click here.