By Harry Katrivanos, Strongbridge Corporation
As the leading authority on corporate growth in the mid-Atlantic region, ACG National Capital provides unparalleled opportunities for networking, deal making and professional development for individuals involved in building corporate value through M&A, strategic partnerships, organic growth and capital funding.
In addition to providing a place to network and learn best practices for raising valuation, raising capital and otherwise growing a business, ACG also rewards its members that have led highly successful corporate growth strategies.
This is why ACG National Capital sponsors the annual Corporate Growth Awards.
The awards are presented annually to the enterprises and executives that have made the biggest impact in the Washington, D.C., northern Virginia and southern Maryland business market through impeccable corporate growth strategies.
This year, eight winners were honored at the annual black tie gala event at the Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner on Thursday, April 8, 2010, in front of nearly 400 industry leaders in attendance.
This year’s winners showed incredible resilience, navigating one of the most difficult economic environments in decades to close business deals and continue the growth of their organizations. Award winners were selected from a large pool of qualified nominations. Each category was narrowed down to three finalists, with the winners announced at the annual gala.
The 2010 winners for this year’s categories are:
- Deal Maker, Investment or Capital Provider – Thomas Peltier, Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc.
- Deal Maker, Corporate Executive – Eric A. Hamann, ICF International
- Emerging Growth Company, under $50M – Invertix Corporation
- Growth Company, $50M – $100M – Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI)
- Growth Company, $100M – $500M – K12 Inc.
- Outstanding Growth Company, over $500M – VSE Corporation
- Deal of the Year, under $100M – Global Defense Technology & Systems IPO
- Deal of the Year, over $100M – Capital One’s acquisition of Chevy Chase Bank
- Lifetime Achievement Recipient – Renato “Renny” DiPentima
The successes of these individuals and companies highlight the resilience of corporate growth in this region. On behalf of ACG National Capital, I congratulate the nominees and winners, and wish them positive corporate growth in years to come.